How to care for your customers’ oiled wood floor, an oiled wood floor can deliver that lovely natural look with loads of character.
• If the floor is badly worn, sanding might be required
• Clean the floor completely with a vacuum cleaner
• Then using a two compartment bucket clean the floor
• Leave the floor to dry completely.
• Apply Pallmann Oil care, Do NOT this product on a oiled wood floor. Instead refer to our article Caring for your lacquered or varnished wood floor.
• Leave to Dry for 30-40 mins
First of all make sure the floor is completely clean, for this you will need a clean mop and a two compartment bucket, then add a mild detergent cleaner such as Pallmann Neutral Cleaner. Start by sweeping or vacuuming the floor (use the soft brush head on the vacuum to avoid scratching the surface). A good option for this would be the SEBO Felix Pet, as it comes with a hard floor attachment.
Mix the cleaner into one section of your bucket, and then clean water in the other side, each side you clean the floor rinse with the clean water, mopping in a figure 8, approx 1 x 3 metres wide.
Once the wood floor has been completely cleaned you will then need to leave it until it has dried completely. Then apply the Pallmann Oil care, using a flat mop or T Bar applicator to achieve a very thin film over the floor.